- 1 ½ cups milk or milk alternative – except rice milk
- 2 tsp white vinegar
- 4 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp margarine melted
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup oat flour – Gluten free or regular
- 1 ⅓ cup gluten-free flour- King Arthur brand
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¾ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp gluten – optional but improves waffle
- In an 8 cup measuring cup or large bowl combine oat milk and vinegar. Let sit a few minutes. Add oil, eggs, margarine and vanilla and whisk until completely combined.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, spices and gluten, if using. Whisk to combine. Add liquid ingredients to flour mixture and stir just until combined. Do not overmix. Let batter sit at least 30 minutes before using.
- Preheat waffle iron. Cook waffles, following directions on your waffle maker. To make chocolate chip waffles pour batter into waffle iron and sprinkle with chocolate chips before closing lid.