Savory Pork and Vegetable Stir Fry
- 1 lb boneless pork loin sliced into thin strips
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups chopped vegetables of your choice such as broccoli, carrots, and snow peas
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes optional
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Green onions sliced for garnish
- Cooked rice for serving
- In a small bowl, mix together the soy sauce, rice vinegar, brown sugar, red pepper flakes (if using), and a pinch of salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Heat a wok or large skillet over high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of oil and swirl to coat the pan. Add the pork and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes, until browned and cooked through. Remove the pork from the pan and set aside.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil to the pan. Add the garlic, ginger, and red bell pepper, and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add the mushrooms and other vegetables and continue to stir-fry for 2-3 minutes, or until the vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Return the pork to the pan and add the reserved sauce mixture. Stir-fry for 1-2 minutes, or until the sauce is bubbling and the pork and vegetables are coated.
- Serve the stir-fry over cooked rice and garnish with green onions.
Note: You can also add some sesame oil and sesame seeds to give it a nutty flavor and aroma.