- 1 cup of milk or non-dairy milk
- ½ cup of heavy cream optional
- ½ cup of semisweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup of sugar or to taste
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract optional
- ¼ tsp of salt
- Whipped cream and cocoa powder for garnish optional
- n a medium saucepan, combine the milk, heavy cream, chocolate chips, sugar, vanilla extract, and salt.
- Heat the mixture over medium heat, stirring frequently, until the chocolate chips are completely melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and pour the hot chocolate into mugs.
- Top with whipped cream and cocoa powder if desired.
- Serve and enjoy your homemade hot chocolate!
You can adjust the quantity of chocolate chips and sugar to your preference. If you want a richer taste, add more chocolate chips and reduce the amount of sugar.