Fluffy and Delicious: The Classic Pancake Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract optional
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, egg, melted butter, and vanilla extract (if using).
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Avoid over-mixing as it will result in tough pancakes.
- Heat a non-stick skillet or griddle over medium heat and grease with butter or oil.
- Using a ladle, pour batter onto the skillet or griddle and cook until bubbles appear on the surface, then flip and cook until golden brown.
- Serve with your favorite toppings like syrup, butter, berries or whipped cream.
Note: You can add some variations to the recipe like adding mashed bananas, berries, nuts or chocolate chips for a different taste.