Delicious and Easy Plum Cake Recipe: A Perfect Treat for Christmas
A plum cake is a type of fruit cake that is made with plums. Here is a recipe for making a classic plum cake:
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup milk
- 1 ½ cups diced plums
- ¼ cup turbinado sugar optional
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease and flour a 9-inch round cake pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, followed by the vanilla extract.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, alternating with the milk, and mix until just combined.
- Gently fold in the diced plums.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and smooth the top.
- If desired, sprinkle the turbinado sugar over the top of the cake.
- Bake the cake for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes in the pan before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve the cake warm or at room temperature, with a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream, if desired.
Note: You can add more ingredients or change it to your preference. Also the time and temperature may vary depending on your oven.