Delicious and Easy Chicken Curry
- -1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
- -1 onion finely chopped
- -2 cloves of garlic minced
- -1 inch ginger minced
- -1-2 jalapeno pepper finely chopped
- -2 tbsp curry powder
- -1 can 14 oz of coconut milk
- -1 cup of chicken broth
- -1 tsp sugar
- -1 tsp salt
- -1/4 tsp black pepper
- -1 tbsp vegetable oil
- -1 tbsp cornstarch optional
- -Handful of fresh cilantro leaves for garnish
- Heat oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onions, garlic, ginger, and jalapeno pepper and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in curry powder and cook for 1-2 minutes or until fragrant.
- Add chicken, coconut milk, chicken broth, sugar, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low and let it simmer for 20-25 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- If you want a thicker consistency, you can mix cornstarch with 2 tablespoons of water and stir it into the curry. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro leaves before serving.
- Serve with rice or naan bread.
Note: You can adjust the heat level to your preference by adding more or less jalapeno pepper. You can also use other vegetables such as bell peppers, carrots, or potatoes in the curry.