Decadent and Delicious: The Perfect Chocolate Cupcake Recipe
- 1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup warm water
- ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C) and line a cupcake pan with paper liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the vegetable oil, eggs, and vanilla extract.
- Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, mixing until just combined.
- Stir in the warm water, mixing until well combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Use an ice cream scoop to divide the batter evenly among the cupcake liners.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let the cupcakes cool in the pan for about 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- You can decorate your cupcakes with frosting of your choice, like a chocolate ganache or buttercream.
Note: you can add some variations to the recipe like adding coffee, orange zest or any other flavor you prefer.