Creamy and Delicious Homemade Porridge
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 cups water or milk or a combination of both
- Pinch of salt
- Optional sweeteners or toppings such as honey, brown sugar, fruit, nuts
- In a medium saucepan, bring the water or milk (or combination) and a pinch of salt to a boil.
- Stir in the oats and reduce the heat to low.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5-7 minutes or until the oats are tender and the mixture is thickened to your desired consistency.
- Remove from heat and add any sweeteners or toppings as desired.
- Serve hot and enjoy!