Classic Spaghetti Bolognese
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 can 28 oz of crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese optional
- Cook spaghetti according to package instructions and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add the ground beef and cook until browned.
- Add the chopped onion and minced garlic, cook until softened.
- Stir in the crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, beef broth, salt, sugar, and black pepper.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve the spaghetti and top it with the Bolognese sauce. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese, if desired.