Classic French Macaron Recipe: A Step-by-Step Guide to Making Delicious French Macaron
A French macaron is a delicate cookie made from almond flour, sugar, and egg whites. Here is a recipe for making classic French macarons:
- 200 grams of almond flour
- 200 grams of powdered sugar
- 110 grams of egg whites about 3-4 eggs
- 110 grams of granulated sugar
- food coloring optional
- Sift the almond flour and powdered sugar together in a bowl to remove any lumps.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites until they form soft peaks. Gradually add the granulated sugar, continuing to beat until the mixture forms stiff peaks.
- Gently fold the almond flour mixture into the egg white mixture until the batter is smooth and glossy.
- If you want to add food coloring, you can add it at this step and mix it well.
- Transfer the batter to a pastry bag fitted with a round tip. Pipe the batter onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, forming small circles about 1 inch in diameter.
- Tap the baking sheet gently on the counter to release any air bubbles.
- Let the macarons sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes to an hour until they form a skin.
- Preheat the oven to 300°F (150°C). Bake the macarons for about 12-15 minutes, or until they are firm and have a slight crust on top.
- Remove from the oven and let them cool completely before removing them from the baking sheet.
- Once cooled, you can fill the macarons with any filling of your choice, such as buttercream, ganache or jam.
Note: This recipe is just a basic recipe, you can add more ingredients or change it to your preference. Also the time and temperature may vary depending on your oven.