Chicken Potato Soup
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups diced potatoes
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup milk or cream
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp thyme
- ¼ tsp rosemary
- ¼ tsp parsley
- Salt to taste
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, sauté the onion and garlic in a bit of oil until softened.
- Add the chicken breasts to the pot and cook until they are browned on both sides.
- Add the potatoes, chicken broth, milk or cream, black pepper, thyme, rosemary, parsley and salt.
- Bring the soup to a simmer and cook for 20-25 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the potatoes are tender.
- Remove the chicken breasts from the pot and shred them with two forks.
- Return the shredded chicken to the pot and stir it into the soup.
- Serve and enjoy!
Note: you can add vegetables like carrots, celery, and corn for more flavor and nutrition